Monday, March 19, 2012

be what i love. be her.

At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and you know what you want.
-Lao-tzu




Last night I fell asleep praying, and had a dream of a vision board. I have never made one, but I guess it was a sign that I need to. For those that don't know a vision board is a place where you paste or collage images that represent your goals and/or vision for your life.The idea behind it is that when you surround yourself with images of who you want to become, what you want to have, where you want to live etc. your life changes to match those images and desires. 
I recently read the book The Slight Edge by Jeff Olsen. It was a paradigm shift. There are so many gems of wisdom in it. Read it for yourself, and you will understand. One of his motto's is "easy to do, easy not to do." He puts goal development into five categories: health, finances, relationships, personal development, my life. I like that he guides you through identifying a simple task to start, and the price to pay to achieve your goals. I bring this up because I use his techniques and philosophy to approach everything now, and am incorporating it into my vision board. 
So this is what I have so far....
Health:
be a woman of my word. body, mind, soul connection and balance. exercise is as integral apart of my day as eating and breathing. lots of water. fresh homemade foods with natural ingredients. 

 Relationships:
Partnership with a man that is driven, passionate, financially stable, family oriented, positive role-model and father to my son, dedicated to building a marriage based on communication, commitment and compromise. I want love, shared values, romance, and reciprocity.
Healthy, happy, supportive, and prosperous relationships with family and friends.
 





No matter what is going on Amari and I share love, hugs, kisses, laughs, inspiration and knowledge with each other. 


Finances:
Love my job. Programmatic in nature. Flexible hours. My passions incorporated into the everyday. Debt free. 3 month worth of expenses in savings. College fund for my son and any future children. 25% of income donated yearly. Travel fund. 





Personal Development:
Self-confident, love me first, grow and change by choice and with joy, happy, read 10 pages a day, attend at least one class or conference a year. Go to art shows regularly. Learn a new language every two years. 





My Life:

Happy, fresh flowers, ocean breeze, traveling, awe-filled, love, sharing, endless possibilities.


 





Next post I will share with you the daily tasks I am doing to make my vision my reality.  


4 comments:

  1. WOW! That's absolutely beautiful, visually & in every other aspect. Hit it, Sarafina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bernie! I keep trying to "follow" your blog, and can't figure out how to. Do you know how?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does programmatic nature mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a typo. I meant programmatic in nature. I recognize I like the "doing" or implementation side of things. I'd prefer to implement a program rather than evaluate it. I like hands on.Honestly, I would even love to get back into teaching or have a plants and flower or juice or book or all three shop. As you can see I'm still working that part of the vision out ;-)

    ReplyDelete